Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Night On the Town


August 8th


It’s interesting that the experience from today’s that stood out the most for me was not anywhere on our class agenda. As beautiful as the Pergammon Museum was, the gay club SchwuZ was more important to me. Michael was the person to inform the group of this place and we thought it was a great idea to check it out. A few U-Bahn stops later, there we were in front of this massive club with music booming out on the streets. All of us worked our way down to one of several dance rooms, grabbed a Becks, and hit the floor. I remember at one point, dancing with a bunch of people in the program and thinking, this is one of the greatest experiences ever. Right after I thought this, I noticed a lovely gay man with sparkling braces signally me over to dance with him. It, for some reason, turned out to be an unplanned choreographed danced and I have no idea how that happened. I finally came to a point where the sweat dripping down my face and my speeding heart became too much and I needed a water break desperately. A few of us ended up sitting outside to get some cool air and decided we had enough dancing for the night so we concluded everything with a doner, a “Jesus Loves You” Frisbee (kindly given to me from a nice Turkish man at a burger place), and sweaty, crunchy hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment