Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Discovering the Art


August 4
Walking along the sidewalk I could not wait to begin our first real day in Berlin. Headed off to the Wall I was taking pictures of everything and anything I saw in front of me. I simply wanted to capture every moment. I was excited to see the Wall but I knew it was not the same thing as the original Wall so I was unsure how interesting that experience would be. I was wrong. The wall was completely and entirely beautiful. Artists from around the world have come to the Wall to contribute their art. As much as I enjoyed the Wall, it was not the thing or place that stood out to me the most. On walk down, we strolled past a gap in the wall in what seemed to be a gray neighborhood. It was like entering a dream. This place that was somewhat hidden and was covered top to bottom in color and different pieces of art. I soon discovered this heavenly place was called Yaam and it served as a bar and a general hang out spot. I was first drawn to the basketball court that had about 20 different colors on it and the hoops. Clicking pictures left and right, I soon led up the beach. This soon to be destroyed place was breath taking. Sitting by the calm river, I listened to little kids playing with soft music and an occasional bird chirp. I didn’t mind that I had since in my shoes or that I’m pouring out sweat; at that moment, I felt perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment