Monday, August 24, 2009

Call to Prayer

August 13

My first thought was that Turkish police were yelling over an intercom. What is happening outside? Then I realized that this person wasn’t yelling in Turkish, they were singing, I think at least. What time is it? Okay, I think they finished singing. Okay, never mind, they’re still singing. Okay, they finished. Nope, still going. I looked around the room to see if everyone was hearing was I was hearing because I was worried I was hallucinating. It was still dark out, but just as warm as sunny afternoon in Berlin. I got up and closed the windows. Those windows literally hold no purpose because the singing is just as loud and some how bugs still manage to come in. Five minutes of off and on singing in Turkish and I’m officially awake. It was 5 AM, I am not happy. Did I really sweat that much? What just happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment