Monday, April 6, 2009

My Wall

When we discussed "walls" in our life, the first thing I could think of was my relationship with my high school friends. I first noticed this "wall" my freshman year of college when we would come home for break from our different schools and it was becoming more difficult to relate to each other in our developing lives.

Now being a junior, I think the differences between sizes of our schools, location and academic interests have only expanded the wall. I find myself fortunate enough to have such wonderful friends from my hometown where we are able to stay in touch with one another, yet it's becoming more and more difficult for me to reminisce on high school memories rather than update each other on our lives. Especially friends of mine who are still in community college who lack the social aspect of college that you can get at a big university such as UW.

I also think that is just a part of getting older. People find new interests and it seems inevitable that people are going to grow apart through college.

No comments:

Post a Comment